Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
what kind of router do you have?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First you need to change the method of encryption from WEP to WPA or WPA2 before you can think about changing passwords. To begin, you do that from the menu setup of your wireless router. You didn't mention what router you have...? Each router has a menu setup which can be entered by using your browser and going to the router address.

Look for the wireless setup portion of the menu. Change the method of encryption from WEP to WPA or WPA2 and enter a pass phrase\password that meets the requirements of WPA or WPA2 (whichever you choose).

Next, open the network portion of System Preferences on your Mac and adjust the encryption method and pass phrase\password to match the router.

If you're using an Airport Extreme or Airport Express, follow the directions that came with the unit to set it up. Changing encryption and passwords work pretty much the same way.

Regards.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like Neo asked, what brand and model is your router? Which Mac are you using?

Reaction score
contact your router company, ask them how.

for me, i have a linksys router, so i asked, they taught me how to go from my firefox web page into my router via my ip adress im asuming, and change it up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.