Midi software

OP
G

goodolebwinches

jasihn said:
Can anyone recommend any good Midi software?

When you say Midi software it is difficult to know exactly what you are looking for.

Midipipe is a free download which you can find on the Apple site.
1. Apple.com
2. Click "OS X" at top of page.
3. Click "downloads"
4. Type in "midipipe" in their search.

Reason 2.0 or 2.5 are awesome. They have free demo downloads on the Web.

If you have a keyboard with midi interface or any midi interface, Reason is probably the best. It has a learning curve though.

OP
J

jasihn

I am a new mac user as of a few months ago. I was using Cakewalk for the PC to compose music. It had its problems but it did what I needed. I need more of a music notation program than an audio recording/mixing program. I don't need all the features of a finale but would like a very well done notation/composition program.

OP
J

JazzTrpt

jasihn said:
I am a new mac user as of a few months ago. I was using Cakewalk for the PC to compose music. It had its problems but it did what I needed. I need more of a music notation program than an audio recording/mixing program. I don't need all the features of a finale but would like a very well done notation/composition program.

Check out Sibelius-it's what I use at school. It also runs natively on OS X, unlike Finale 2003. We'll see if Final 2004 changes things.......

OP
J

jasihn

JazzTrpt said:
Check out Sibelius-it's what I use at school. It also runs natively on OS X, unlike Finale 2003. We'll see if Final 2004 changes things.......

Sibelius looks great, exactly what I am looking for. The only problem is the price...$600. Is there a student version or any other cheaper version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Talk to sales of their company they will definitely know :) And you might actually be able to talk them into it if they do not have a deal.

OP
J

JazzTrpt

jasihn said:
Sibelius looks great, exactly what I am looking for. The only problem is the price...$600. Is there a student version or any other cheaper version?

I'm really not sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.