PDA

View Full Version : Two newbie quesitons - Messengers & webcam and iPhoto & .Mac Gallery

x5starsx
07-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Okay, I have discovered that on iChat I can use the webcam with other Mac users but it doesn't ever work for regular AIM users, is there any way to fix that or is that just how it is?

And for some strange reason my iPhoto seems to have deleted one of my albums and I can't find it anywhere yet it still shows up on my .Mac Gallery online... This was frustrating me earlier because I am no longer allowed to edit that album! Has anyone ever encountered a problem like this? Is there a way I can retrieve it since it still shows up online, that must mean it's SOMEwhere in there...

Thank you for the help =]

cuhnool
07-04-2008, 04:23 AM
For iChat, i think that's just the way it is. I have noticed that when you look next to your buddies buddy icon, there may be a green icon next to it. If it looks like a video camera, it's possible to video chat with them.

I haven't really tried to do that. And that's probably what you do anyways :P

Your other question, I will not be able to help you there. =/ sorruh!

x5starsx
07-04-2008, 04:37 AM
I've tried, even if there is a video by it it says it doesn't work for one reason or another, even if things load up on their end. Sometimes it'll work out so that they can hear me but not see me or vice versa.. bah! I forgot to ask about Windows messenger, I don't suppose there's a way to cam on that? The only messenger it works with anyone on is Yahoo, and I can't seem to convince my friends to want to download it.. >=\

lukenn77
07-04-2008, 07:54 AM
for iPhoto, have you checked in all the iphoto folders?
Pictures/iPhoto/Original or Modified? Check to see if its in one of the rolls?

mrplow
07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
The only mac to pc video chat I know of is Skype unless others can come up with something else. Pretty sure iChat would play nice with PC video messenger clients.