Wacom Serial Tablet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz 24"
I have a Wacom Digitizer II tablet which has been used very effectively for some 5-6 years on a variety of PCs. The tablet uses the serial port which of course does not exist on the Mac. I have recently purchased an iMac and was wondering whether I am likely to be successful in using the tablet by utilising a serial to usb adaptor. Any guidance or experiences would be most useful. The iMac is using OS X 10.5.4. Thanks, Martin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I have a Digitizer II tablet as well and my research brought me to the conclusion that there are no drivers available to get it to work in OSX so a serial to USB adaptor would be a waste of money.

Of course, I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz 24"
I have a Digitizer II tablet as well and my research brought me to the conclusion that there are no drivers available to get it to work in OSX so a serial to USB adaptor would be a waste of money.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will wait for some more replies but it looks like a new purchase is likely. Martin

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz 24"
Issue Resolved

Solved easily with the purchase of Keyspan USB-Serial Adaptor obtained for £12.00 from Amazon, and the TabletMagic software. Plugged in, installed the drivers and TabletMagic - works a treat. Martin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Excellent. I may have to give that a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.