• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fourth of July plans?

T

todd51

What are all your plans for the Fourth? I don't know what I'm doing yet, probably just going to watch the fireworks over the lake with the family.

Anyone have any exciting plans?

Reaction score
Some of my friends are coming to visit and it's my cousins birthday so we're all going to have a BBQ during the day and party at night. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[Black] Macbook
It's my daughter's first holiday and we're taking her down to Front St. to watch the firework show I heard is down there. I'm excited, I bought her a little 4th of July outfit and everything :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2.5 gb ram, 80 gb hd, 120 gb external drive,10.5...8 gb iPod Touch
What are all your plans for the Fourth? I don't know what I'm doing yet, probably just going to watch the fireworks over the lake with the family.

Anyone have any exciting plans?

Are you talking about Lake Michigan? Because I think I'm going there too. Going out to eat than heading out to watch the fireworks on the pier or beside the pier. Should be fun!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
It's my daughter's first holiday and we're taking her down to Front St. to watch the firework show I heard is down there. I'm excited, I bought her a little 4th of July outfit and everything :)

You're going to love watching her reactions to the fireworks. but don't be surprised if they scare her a little at first, until she sees all those pretty colors. Our 3 daughters all went through that and I think we enjoyed watching them more than they enjoyed the fireworks...

As for us, we're just going to chill, probably eat by the pool's edge and dip when it gets too hot...

Everybody have fun!

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
We're grilling steak in our oil drum grill and maybe firing something in the air that makes lights (don't want to unnecessarily scare the locals though) :)

I don't think that the DoD is coming through with 2 beers per person this time around...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
Due to fuel costs, I'm just staying home this year, and enjoy a little peace and quiet. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 5G 30GB iPod.
Due to fuel costs, I'm just staying home this year, and enjoy a little peace and quiet. ;D

haha, seriously. it's too expensive to drive anywhere. i'll probably just walk to the park with friends and enjoy the hot weather, lol.

OP
T

todd51

Are you talking about Lake Michigan? Because I think I'm going there too. Going out to eat than heading out to watch the fireworks on the pier or beside the pier. Should be fun!!

No, I'm in Texas for the summer, I'll be moving back to Illinois in August.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
My parents don't do much but my boyfriend is having a BBQ at his house so I'll be there for most of the day. I even bought myself a small bag of fireworks. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
I have to work tomorrow, Disney being a 365-day a year operation. But we're having a 4th of July potluck lunch at work, and I've made some homemade ice cream to bring. Plus I plan to head out into the park at Epcot at some point during the day to go hear the Voices of Liberty sing.

By the time I get home, our cookout with the inlaws should be in full swing. We should be able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our yard.

Happy Independence Day, everyone! And thank you to Walmartconnect and your comrades for fighting to protect our independence!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[Black] Macbook
You're going to love watching her reactions to the fireworks. but don't be surprised if they scare her a little at first, until she sees all those pretty colors. Our 3 daughters all went through that and I think we enjoyed watching them more than they enjoyed the fireworks...

As for us, we're just going to chill, probably eat by the pool's edge and dip when it gets too hot...

Everybody have fun!

Noel

I wouldn't doubt that at all! My husband and I can just sit there and watch her for HOURS she is so entertaining.

And I like your plans, that's what we'd be doing in addition to the fireworks if I didn't just get this new tattoo! =\ (Not to mention post partum healing.. :( )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
My folks are having a party, they have one every year. This year they are serving up fish and chips by the pool. Went out on the boat 2 days ago and caught all the fish for it. They live on a resort which will be have fireworks, you can see them from the pool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
i hope to drink a lot of beer or other alcohol and light off a lot of fireworks. ill be safe.

Reaction score
I am right now in a car about an hour outside of Chicago, going to go to the fireworks at Navy Pier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.