eMac monitor cleaning

H

hank1

I'm sorry if this has been covered and I haven't done a search--just looking for a quick answer.

What is recommended to clean the screen on the eMac? I shot the screen with compressed air to remove dust and now I see smears and "scratches"--not really scratched, and only see it in sleep mode.

Just like the monitor to be as clear as a bell.

A simple homemade solution, or something that Apple recommends?

Thanks,

Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Any computer screen cleaner (you can find it at computer stores) will be fine. On Apple's site, they suggest unplugging the machine and using a lint-free cloth dampened with water to clean it.

OP
B

Badger

As Padawan wrote any cleaner for screens will work. Avoid commercial window cleaners etc. Computer screens have a film that can be damaged by those products.

OP
H

hank1

Padawan said:
Any computer screen cleaner (you can find it at computer stores) will be fine. On Apple's site, they suggest unplugging the machine and using a lint-free cloth dampened with water to clean it.

Much appreciated.

(I have a Civic, a 1992 with only 60,000 miles thank you. I expect it'll last till the end of time.)

Reaction score
Just use a wet cloth from the kitchen lol. It won't damage the screen. It's not LCD or anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i use this spray gel thingy, it does not run.
and cleans well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.