• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Game suggestions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Just wondering if anyone has any good game suggestions for me. Normally I'm not a game player, but there's the odd time I wouldn't mind, but don't really know what to try.

I'm not into any RPGs or anything I would need to immerse myself into for hours.

Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Khris,

Have you ever played Mahjongg? Tile matching, at your own speed. Lots of fun, can be engaging for a solitaire game. You can take 20 minutes or keep at it for a couple of hours trying to beat your own time.

I've never used this particular version, but it claims to be free: http://ivorymahjongg.com/ Not sure you'd like it, but at least free to try. The version I have on my Macbook cost me $20, but don't have access to it at the moment.

Noel

OP
Khris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Noel! Yeah, I don't mind Mahjongg at all.....not sure why I didn't think of it.

I guess I'm thinking more along the lines of arcade games of sorts. Puzzle type games are my favorite. Anyone remember the game "The Incredible Machine"?? Loved it!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I hear the Wii is great if you're looking for a game console. Great for playing something alone or with friends, lots of different people like who never play video games, especially the Wii Sports.

Reaction score
If you dual boot Windows, you can play Lumines, which you can download from Steam. I don't know why, but I really like that game.

OP
Khris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not looking for any console gaming (although I would get a Wii if I decided to invest in one).

I'll give Lumines a try.....thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
Try Audio Surf (also you can get it from Steam). SICK GAME takes any music file, and creates this track you go on...idk kinda hard to explain it. Google and Youtube search it and that will give you a better idea, it's such a fun game for only 10$ I think.
The thing is though, since your dual booting you would have to have your music files on an external HD to use them in windows, or copy over the ones you want to use into your windows partition. Techno is soooo fun :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.