Borrowing iPod for Road Trip...Backup/Restore?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2, 17" Hi-Res Display ; iPhone 3G 2.1
Im going on a long road trip this week (from MN to WY and back). Since my HD is fried in my iPod, my friend is letting me use hers. Is there a way i can completely back up her iPod on my mac or pc and load my music for the trip, then when i get back, restore her music back onto her iPod?

(btw her iPod is formatted for a PC)

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Im going on a long road trip this week (from MN to WY and back). Since my HD is fried in my iPod, my friend is letting me use hers. Is there a way i can completely back up her iPod on my mac or pc and load my music for the trip, then when i get back, restore her music back onto her iPod?

(btw her iPod is formatted for a PC)

Everything on her iPod will be held in her iTunes library. Once she syncs the iPod back with her library everything she had before will be restored.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Everything on her iPod will be held in her iTunes library. Once she syncs the iPod back with her library everything she had before will be restored.

True, but depending on how much content she has on it, it would take a while for it all to be restored, wouldn't it?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2, 17" Hi-Res Display ; iPhone 3G 2.1
i was hoping to back it up to one of my computers so she doesnt have to worry about it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.