anybody use disk utility to burn backups?

A

aphid47

If anyone out there is using this method, I would love to hear how it's been working for you.

OP
S

sivp

we'll i think it's waste of dvd cds, cause i have like 250 gig hds, and it basically copies an image of your hd onto the dvd cds... i dont like it much, i rather save everything on a server.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Not everyone has access to a server. I tend to use toast for my back ups and I only back up my users and data directories/folders.

OP
A

aphid47

what about for dvds

anyone use the disk image from DVD2ONEX and then burn the image in disk utility, it seems to work fine, all of the copies I've made and watched on a HD TV look great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I burned something recently using Disk Utility just because Toast was processing so very, very, slow. DU burned it faster and worked fine. I've never seen that happen before…DU being faster than Toast, but it was in this case.

OP
A

aphid47

DU faster

I have found that to be the case also, when I used toast to burn things before it did seem a bit slower.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.