Windows for PC Games

Reaction score
I'd like to get windows on my mac so I can play PC games on it.
Where can I buy a cheap Windows XP CD to use to partition my bootcamp?
And would games run smoothly on it after I have it all set up? T
Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116056 - assuming you live in the US.

...and as to your second question, it depends on the specs of your Mac. If you have integrated graphics (ala Mac Mini or MacBook), then supported titles will be pretty limited. Some of the higher end machines like the MacBook Pro and iMac should be well supported by all but the most demanding of titles (like Crysis).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
OP
M
Reaction score
Okay so if I buy the disc from the link on the first reply, then get it set up on BC, ill be able to run things like Guild wars or World of Warcraft on my Macbook?
also please done use abbreviations that a Mac noob wouldn't understand =P

Reaction score
Yes. Please make sure you read the directions on the Apple site here.

SP = service pack. :D

Reaction score
I already have a windows partition installed so that I can play my PC games on it, but some of them can't play. For example, my Brother can play both Star Craft games on his PC with Vista, and I used to play it on Windows 98, but when I play it on my current XP version, It doesn't work with compatibility mode, and it doesn't seem to be able to switch to 256 colors mode. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Okay so if I buy the disc from the link on the first reply, then get it set up on BC, ill be able to run things like Guild wars or World of Warcraft on my Macbook?
also please done use abbreviations that a Mac noob wouldn't understand =P

umm you can play World of Warcraft on your Mac software. WoW is mac compatible. i play it all the time on my Leopard, runs great.

Reaction score
But what about games that only work in windows, like the Starcraft dilemma I wrote about before?

Reaction score
dude all blizzard games are mac compatible to include starcraft and starcraft brood war... although u have to buy the mac ver. its only like $20 now for the battlechest

Reaction score
But it happens with other games like Worms II and Aviator also, I was just using Starcraft as an example for anyone with an answer.

OP
M
Reaction score
What about SWRC: Star Wars Republic Commando?
The graphics on it are different than most :/

Reaction score
I don't have that game, but if you are experiencing similar problems as I am, then I'm sure that you are very eager to find a solution. I only hope that I won't have to completely reload windows. I really can't stand this. I can't finish this one level only because every single time I try it, It freezes up, blacks out, and then the computer is unresponsive. And some games won't even load. To anyone who may have a solution: PLEASE SHARE IT.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.