• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Scratch on the cd player faceplate in my Honda!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Hey everyone,
I need some suggestions. I recently bought a 2003 Honda Accord, and I am really loving it, but there is a fairly deep scratch on the cd deck faceplate. How can I get rid of this? I went to Honda and they do not sell the individual part, All they sell is the whole center console assembly for $500 U.S.

...so I need some suggestions...

I can fit the tip of my finger nail in the scratch groove...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Magic marker or paint pen. Not ideal but cheap and effective.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Hmm, maybe I didnt articulate myself properly. It is a clear piece of plastic covering the LCD for the cd player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
my bet is that you can hop down to the auto parts store and pick up a plastics/headlight polish and polish the scratch out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I would try the stuff that you fill eye glasses scratches with, worked with a table that I accidently took a knife across, but not sure how deep your scratch is..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
The alternative, is simply to live with it. It doesn't affect the performance, does it?

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
No, it does not affect the performance, but it is pretty noticeable when you are looking at the dash. It is minor, which is why I bought the car anyways, but I am thinking I'd like to fix it.

What are the names of these products? I went to an Advanced Auto Parts store and they suggested I use something called "Jewelers Roug."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Why not go down to your local automotive "recycler" aka the junkyard, and pick up a complete radio assembly from them from a wreck, it'll work and usually they warranty the used parts for 90 days or so to make sure you get a working part.....just an idea. However replacement might not be the funnest job and if it's got a protection code, you gotta get that as well.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Yea, I thought about doing that, but Ive yet to call around, I feel like there won't be too many late model Honda Accords that have been salvaged, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
heh up here in the Vancouver area of BC where we get all the new arrivals to our country and they get their new drivers licences....it's not odd to see even 2008 models sitting the yards smashed beyond repair......just make some calls and find a replacement, either that or go to your local custom car audio shop and get a nice aftermarket deck put in....

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Yea, it seems like pulling the faceplate off of a junker might be my best bet...

...If I can find one laying around, I'm thinking there wont be many.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yea, it seems like pulling the faceplate off of a junker might be my best bet...

...If I can find one laying around, I'm thinking there wont be many.

You might be surprised then. The Honda Accord is a perennial best seller, probably one of the best selling cars in the U.S, behind the Camry. Statistically speaking, you're very likely to find one.

Have you looked out on eBay? People part out cars all the time there. I have a 2007 (similar body style, same interior) and have had the stereo out to install an iPod interface. So, if you need help, shoot me a PM.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
^Hey, thanks a lot. I will check things out throughout the week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.