Recommend me a used laptop for Logic 8

Reaction score
I've been a PC user longer than I've been able to walk and thus know very little about macs.

But recently it has come to my attention that Logic Studio 8 is the hottest thing ever as I'm interested in sound production and I've exhausted the list of PC Midi-sequencer widgets and found them to be kind of weak.

I'm going to give Logic Studio a test-drive this sunday and if I like it I will be faced with a problem - I dont have a mac. I was planning on getting a used laptop for college so might as well make it a macbook which brings me to the question:

What kind of processing power would I need from a macbook to run and process realtime input from Guitars and Basses and Synths? (something I was told it could do)

Which macbook (if macBOOK can at all) can satisfy these requirements?

How much would it cost? Preferably used?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I watched a Logic Pro 8 tutorial that the instructor said was all done on his black macbook. This is a duo core machine with a minimum of 2.4 ghz. The same set up as in my iMac (I have 2GB ram). I'd recommend the machine but keep in mind, you are trying to do a lot on a 13" screen!!!

Reaction score
I'm working on the 2.4, 250 HD, 2G macbook and it is terrifically capable with Logic 8...the screen is small enough that when I'm not using it on the road I need to go to an external monitor...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
The black MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.