Performance: MacBookPro & Time Capsule?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
This is a very simple question for those that have a newer MacBookPro (mine is three weeks old - bought new from Apple Store) and the smaller Time Capsule. I am the only one in the home I live in and I need a PC hooked up via ethernet cable. I have an external HD with Norton Ghost to back up my desktop. I want to use my new MBP wirelessly - my old Linksys wireless router needs replacing. My questions: 1 - Is the wireless set up for a MacBookPro and Time Capsule difficult?

2 - After an intial cable back up does the wireless back up work well for the MBP & Time Capsule without a lot of resetting this and that?

3 - is the Time Capsule wireless as good as most "n" wireless rounters? Thx!

(My ISP is Time Warner High Speed Cable)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
1. No
2. Yep - the Time Capsule is designed to be used this way.
3. yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Just got my time capsule, it has exceptional wireless performance. Its just an airport extreme with built in power supply (so you just have a cord, and no brick), and a 500 or 1000 gig HD inside.

I haven't even gotten my MBP yet, (comes monday), but notice a huge performance/speed difference on my current pc laptop via wirelss.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.