iEmulator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I used to run Windows XP using Virtual PC 7 on my iMac G5 ppc. After upgrading to Leopard, VPC7 wouldn't run and as microsoft aren't issuing any further updates I had to look for another emulator.

I found, purchased and downloaded iEmulator 1.7.9. It cost just over £10 (23.95$) and is far better than VPC.
You can create as many 'PCs' for Windows, Linux and DOS as you have hard drive space for.
Richard at iEmulator, is very helpful & friendly & replies to emails promptly even with the time zone difference.

I run XP even though they recommend Windows 2000 for a G5 and this did not stop Richard from helping me set it up to run as efficiently as possible.

It is still a bit slow but then it is an emulator and I'm using a G5. I guess on an intel Mac it would fly along.
Version 1.8.0 is due out soon and will be a free update if you already have 1.7.9. Check it out at http://www.iemulator.com

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Very cool - thanks for sharing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.