• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacBook Sold, MacBook Pro Ordered...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
After much debate, and disregarding of the imminent Penryn updates and possible MBP case redesign, I ordered the 2.4ghz 15.4 MBP, with 4 gigs of RAM and a 250gig HD. In the past, I would of ordered the ram seperately, but for an additional 180, I decided to just let apple do it. Maybe I'm getting old and lazy.

I am planning on continuing to run Final Cut on the new machine, as I have been using it extensively on my MacBook, and I am looking forward to editing on what I am hoping to be a better work machine.

My MacBook is a first generation Core Duo, so I think the Core 2 Duo will be a nice improvement. I also think going from 2gigs to 4gigs will be pretty awesome as well.

I sold my MacBook for $800.

Anyone want to talk about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Dingle, I was hoping my MB would be worth a bit more... lol.

Congratulations :) I'm very jealous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo
Enjoy your Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I did the exact same specs when I ordered mine. I have had it for a few weeks now. I upgraded from a MacBook Core Duo too. Its definitely faster. I haven't done any video editing on it. But its nice to be able to play a few games now. Did you get the glossy or the matte screen. I went with the matte and I really like it, reminds me of my old iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
Congratulations.......how well did the MB run final cut?

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
My MacBook ran Final Cut fine, especially with the 2gigs of RAM I installed, but I know that the new hardware will run it even better, which is something Im interested in.

I went with the glossy screen, because I like the way the MacBook screen looked, and it has richer black coloring. I used to have an iBook too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I have the CD MB and am thinking of getting a new MBP. I was hoping for an upgrade at WWDC, but there was none. When do you think the next upgrade to the MB/MBP line will be? I'd probably get the matte screen, I hate how hard it is to see the MB screen when I'm outside in the sunlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
I wish I could do the same :(
Maybe one day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I am about to do the same, and get a refurb, :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
I wish I would have ordered online, so that I could have saved the kind of money you did. It cost me $400 to upgrade to 4GB of RAM at the Apple store. After this purchase, all of my Apple products are going to be purchased online.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well, I very rarely use my computer in direct sunlight, so that wasn't much of a concern. I do a lot of video work and a gloss screen seems to make colors richer. I think there will probably be an update to the MBP in the next 2-4 months, and probably a major revision. I don't mind getting one of the last great aluminum MBPs. It will be a good computer for many years, just like my MB has been.

dod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.5 core2duo, 2GB Ram, 250GB HDD; 12" ibook g3 600mhz, 640mb ram, 100GB HD
I also upgraded from my MacBook to a new MacBook Pro last week. I'm holding off on the ram for a while, 2 gigs will be ok for now but I plan on upgrading as soon as possible. I went with glossy screen and the 2.5 processor and 512 video card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I think I'll hold out for the next update, I'm not really in a hurry for a new machine at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
@ thetruemoron-When did you upgrade your ram at the apple store? Was it the same day you purchased it? If it was they should have given you a 200 dollar credit for your old ram. When I worked at apple we would even let people come back within the first week and get the same deal. But we would have to install the ram. So it was handled properly and we could send it back home to cali to be recycled or used for service parts. I would go back and complain you might get 200 bucks back.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well, the iPod and the Canon Printer have arrived, although I've already mailed in the rebate, and sold them both for cash. I used these to justify the purchase of a $2000 computer. I remember my iBook and MacBook shipped considerably faster when I bought them. I suppose Apple is getting bigger and busier.

Maybe things were better when they were less trendy...

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
The MacBook Pro is here, I have already downloaded Firefox v3 and run delocalizer on it. I am currently installing Final Cut, and I am pleased with the screen, it seems pretty crisp and bright, compared to my MacBook.

to be honest though, I don't know if I like Leopard as much as Tiger so far. It seems to have a lot of unnecessary crap...someone help make me a believer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.