Internet blocking web addresses

Reaction score
Ok so a week ago, i wasnt able to access my school email account from the address, i got ACCESS DENIED your system policy denied access to the requested URL. Then facebook did the same, now my gmail accnt. Tonite on iTunes, i am not able to buy songs, however from my desktop imac, i can. This is very puzzling to me, ive tried unplugging the airport, also somewhat of an airport reset.

My internet is through cox, so im unsure about changing my IP interms of a policy. Would this be with my computer?.. or with cox itself through my computer.

any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Hey Chris,

Just for clarification, you're having all of these Access Denied problems on your laptop. Do any of them exist on the iMac as well? Your iMac is connected to your airport (Airport Extreme?) via ethernet and your laptop is via wireless, correct? Just trying to get an over-all idea of your setup and situation, this problem sounds kind of odd.

Hope to hear from you soon!

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes the imac is working just fine, so is my fathers new imac. As for my aiport, i have the older one that is almost dare i say hershey kiss shaped. It is just a strange occurance.

Another note is, it is browser oriented, opera and safari wont loud grant access but firefox will. The iMac will allow me to buy songs via iTunes but my laptop wont.

I have used cache X to the extreme getting ride of just about everything but rebuilding the lanch database.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It took me about 10 minutes to load those pictures, this Iraq internet is out of its mind sometime.

I haven't used Opera, so I cannot comment. On the Safari side, I assume that you've already tried "Reset Safari..." Also, have you tried verifying the permissions of your files?

You don't have any strange settings in your Network preferences, right? Check you TCP/IP, DNS, and Proxies settings for your Airport connection.

Also, check your firewall settings under the Security section of your System Preferences. If you have access set for each program individually, make sure that they are correct or turn off specific filtering. That seems like a more probable cause than others.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hmm, it appears my network connection lies the problem. I had looked around in there the about 2 weeks ago to make my mac a little more secure, due to a hacking warning from some kid =/

im not sure what is supposed to look like what in here.. my TCP/IP for my built in ethernet seems to be blank, while the TCP/IP for my airport has all the fields filed in. Both are set using DHCP.

As for the security section, where exactly is security section for the internet and programs itself, i can only find sec. for the computer for "wake up".

lastly, verifying permission, where would i go about that?

man ive never felt more like a n00b haha

OP
C
Reaction score
Well i guess you could say that i got very lucky twiddling with my settings.. juts as i "altered" things, i made them ok and they now all work.

I wish i knew what was wrong. I have one question for proxies, out of the 4 secure proxies should any of them be checked?

however i did turn off ALL of my settings for firewall and misc stuff.. i feel very "easy" right now.. but thats what HoneyPotX 2.5 is for :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you figured everything out! Congrats. Do you mean that a few weeks ago you were looking at and changing some network settings? About the proxies: if you are using a normal internet connection, you should have nothing checked or altered in the Proxy section. I have a feeling that your problem lied in the firewall section. What was it set on before you turned it off/allowed all incoming connections?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.