Airport connects to router, but not internet... :(

Reaction score
Just purchased a Belkin router:

Firmware Version
F5D8233-4_WW_4.00.02

and i am sad with it.

It is hardlined to a Windows xp desktop and I am attempting run an xp laptop and a MBPro on it. the xp laptop works fine. The MBPro says that it is connected and has an IP address but wont connect to the internet. i even get this from the DHCP client list:

"192.168.2.3 Macintosh 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx".

All security features are disabled. Can anyone please tell me what could be stopping me?

Also, I called belkin tech support and he uninstalled my airport (after35mins on the phone) and then told me to "send it to apple to reconfigure it" and to call him back, apparently he didn't know how. I was irked and then figured it out on my own. But i wont call him back b/c if he doesn't know how to do what i figured out in 5 mins then he's worthless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You could try:
1. Connecting the mbpro by cable (just to confirm it's just a wireless problem)
2. change the channel the router is using for wi-fi
3. return the Belkin router for a different brand. Just one person's opinion but I have never had anything but problems with Belkin routers.

mrplow

OP
I
Reaction score
thx for the reply, i was already thinking of moving on to step 3 :) and yeah i tried to direct connect it, it worked fine.

Reaction score
Does your wireless work anywhere else? Have you tried a friend's or a local free access business?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I do not like most Belkin routers at all, but what has me concerned is that the XP Laptop connects and works fine on the WiFi and the MacBook Pro does not.

I agree with Sherman, can you try it on a friends WiFi? Does it work and get to the Internet there?

How about hard wired to the router?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.