• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

sharing a router with a PC?

Reaction score
We recently bought a new imac running leopard os x 10.5.3. My husband and I share a linksys wireless router. He is on a HP laptop. Recently, it seems as though my iMac is "stealing" away the internet from his laptop. When we are both connected, he cannot go to certain sites that I frequent; like there is a blocker on those sites or something. It's not a virus as when I am not connected to the internet, he can then visit the websites again. Does anyone know what the problem is and how it can be resolved?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
My guess, is the sites are reading two attempts by the IP Address to access the site, like multi-downloading, and the site blocks this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.