• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How do i?

S

sivp

I found my old cd of 6000 .ttf fonts, i'm wondering if there is a simple way to install all of them in mass amount. From what i know, you have to double click each one and hit the install button... :O, that would take forever...

If anyone knows any good applications to install mass amount of fonts, fell free to share your knowledge...... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Grab yourself a copy of Suitcase™ XI (I'm guessing about $100) and copy all your fonts to a directory, anywhere on your drive will be o.k, then add them all to suitcase. Every time you startup Suitcase™ will enable what you want, when you want.

Or you can just copy them all to the Font directory in your home directory, located:

home > Library > Fonts

but the more you add, the longer it takes for an application to see them all.
Apple's FontBook™ is the alternative free option but it's not great!

OP
S

sivp

I'm sooo angry right now.......

i had to reinstall my whole panther os.... i read that if you copy all the .ttf files into the Library/fonts folder, the computer should see all the fonts after you restart...

I copied about 6, 000 fonts into there, and when i went to restart, it never turned back on...

I'm sitting at 11:42 now reinstalling everything... :mad:

Edit: Spread the word to people who ask this question... Prevent it from happening again.

OP
W

Wapa18

if u use fontbook, just open up the application, select all the fonts in whatever folder you have them in, and drag them onto the fontbook window

OP
S

sivp

Thanks johnny, but i'm looking for something FREE.. i like the advice about just dragging all the files into font book, but wha i'm worried about is having to reinstall os x again becuase before, i just copied all my fonts into the /library/fonts directory

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.