• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Rate a movie trilogy or series

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
A slight variation of the "Review the last movie you saw" thread.
Instead, choose a movie that is part of a trilogy or series, such as The Matrix, Star Wars, Die Hard, Rocky, Friday the 13th, etc. and state your favorite episode. You can give a brief description. List as many as you like.

My choices:
• Die Hard I liked the 1st & 3rd movies. Samuel Jackson is just one bad MF. I was surprised that the 4th one was actually pretty good too.
• Lord of the Rings I enjoyed all three of them, but the Two Towers I liked the least. I didn't care for the whole "living, talking trees" thing. Although the battle at Helms Deep was intense.
• Star Wars Empire Strikes Back & Revenge of the Sith. (I know a lot of people hated the prequels, but I still enjoyed them.)
• The Matrix Reloaded (#2). The freeway fight and burly brawl was awesome.

There're more I could list, but that's enough for now. What are yours?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Blade - the first beats the rest hands down!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
The Bourne series - outstanding films difficult to pick which one I liked the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Back to the Future Part II.

In every way superior to parts I and III.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Aliens - best of the bunch..... though I really like Alien too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Indiana Jones

Really liked the first one. My favourite of the 3.
Thought the 2nd one was a little unbeliveable at times and a little sketchy on the storyline.
The 3rd one was rather good too. I liked the new plot twists introduced there.

Am yet to see the 4th one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
The Bourne series - outstanding films difficult to pick which one I liked the best.

Completely agree with above.

Also loved the whole matrix series of films (wasn't into the animatrix thing tbh)

Oceans 11, 12 & 13 are all great as well

Back to the Future - FUN :) favourite were/are 1 & 2 - the train in last one ruined it for me.

Home-Alone - Love 1 & 2 - so much fun - always get them out around xmas time when having those lazy days :)

National Lampoons come under this? - If so - National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - love it :)

Rocky - liked them all really and can't say I like any more than another.

Die Hard - like them all.

Lord of rings - enjoyed watching all 3 but not my cup of tea so never seen either of them more than once.

Taxi 1 & 2 (French films) - very funny - not seen 3rd yet and the American one is rubbish!

OMG - I could go on - never really thought about how many of these movie series' are out there...

Blade, rush hour, american pie, indian jones - there are just so many of them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Ghostbusters was huge for me... I was also big into Aliens/Predator, "Aliens" the 2nd movie in the series, was by-far the best, followed by Resurrection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Saw I, II, III, IV. With IV being my favorite.

Reaction score
The Godfather trilogy. 1 & 2 were awesome. The third was horrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo
Nice Thread, Here's My Choices:

The Matrix Trilogy - Amazing Story Line, Amazing Action Scenes, Nice Soundtrack etc..

Back To The Future Trilogy - Outstanding Story Line, Loved The 1st and 2nd, 3rd Wasn't So Bad But Could Have Been Better.

'McFly..........!!!!' < Biffs Big Manly Voice ha ha

GhostBusters 2 - Not Really Interested In The 1st, 2nd Was Amazing With The River Of Slime and VIGO THE SCULL OF COMPATHIA!!! (I Think Thats Right, ha ha)

Omega Man (I Am Legend) - Don't Like The Will Smith Remake, Only The Original With Charles Heston.

In The Mouth Of Madness - Amazing Movie, It's Not Very Popular So if You havent Seen Or Heard Of It Look It Up On The Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_mouth_of_madness Heres The Link Of The Movie On Wikipedia.

Halloween Trilogy - Amazing Movies, Best Serial Killer Ever!

Home Alone 1 & 2 - Such Great Movies, Funny And Family Friendly, Very Fun To Watch At Christmas Time.

I'm Going To Stop Now, I Could Go On Forever !

MadChild
x

Reaction score
Back to the Future Part II.

In every way superior to parts I and III.

Interesting. I like part I & III a lot more than part II. Part III I think is the best of them all.

One of my all time favorite movies is 'my cousin Vinny'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.