Another "Print Screen: question...

Reaction score
I know this has been asked a lot, but none of the solutions I've seen really work for me.

I'm running XP SP2 on my MacBook using bootcamp. Per the bootcamp manual, I should be able to print screen using Fn+F11 (or it might have been F12). However, the manual contradicts itself, because it also states that just pressing F11 will act as volume control and Fn+F11 will act as an F11 keypress on a PC. This can also be reversed using the settings in bootcamp, but either way Fn+F11 will result in volume adjustment or an "F11" input. So I have been unsuccessful in being able to print screen.

I know there are other tricks (supposedly command+shift+fn+3 will copy the screen to the clipboard) but in my case, I'm running a program that uses the printscreen key to save screen captures to a specific folder without the need to paste each one from the clipboard.

I don't know if this made sense the way I explained it. If it needs more clarification, let me know.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to simulate the actual print screen key?

Thanks!

edit - I also know about the virtual keyboard or whatever, but the program doesn't run in windowed mode, so I can't have the virtual keyboard up on the screen.

OP
M
Reaction score
I know this has been asked a lot, but none of the solutions I've seen really work for me.

I'm running XP SP2 on my MacBook using bootcamp. Per the bootcamp manual, I should be able to print screen using Fn+F11 (or it might have been F12). However, the manual contradicts itself, because it also states that just pressing F11 will act as volume control and Fn+F11 will act as an F11 keypress on a PC. This can also be reversed using the settings in bootcamp, but either way Fn+F11 will result in volume adjustment or an "F11" input. So I have been unsuccessful in being able to print screen.

I know there are other tricks (supposedly command+shift+fn+3 will copy the screen to the clipboard) but in my case, I'm running a program that uses the printscreen key to save screen captures to a specific folder without the need to paste each one from the clipboard.

I don't know if this made sense the way I explained it. If it needs more clarification, let me know.

Can anyone help me out? Is there a way to simulate the actual print screen key?

Thanks!

edit - I also know about the virtual keyboard or whatever, but the program doesn't run in windowed mode, so I can't have the virtual keyboard up on the screen.

OK, for some reason now I was able to get shift+fn+f11 to work!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.