Linux virtually

Reaction score
Hey. I installed ubuntu 8.04 through bootcamp but I want to be able to run it virtually. How can I get VM Ware to see it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey. I installed ubuntu 8.04 through bootcamp but I want to be able to run it virtually. How can I get VM Ware to see it?

VMWare can virtualize a Windows/Boot Camp partition, but not a Linux partition. You'll need to install Ubuntu in a new VM.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok. How do I delete my linux partition? Go into disk utility and delete disk0s3 and Linux Swap and then drag the Journaled partition to take up the whole thing?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ok. How do I delete my linux partition? Go into disk utility and delete disk0s3 and Linux Swap and then drag the Journaled partition to take up the whole thing?

Well, typically, you'd use the Boot Camp Assistant to remove your Windows partition - but I have a feeling that it's not going to understand those ext2 partitions. You might want to fire up Disk Utility and see if it can repartition the disk. Caution: You'll want to make sure you have a good backup before you make modifications to the disk structure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.