I really need help, cant eject windows disk!

Reaction score
Hi, I tried to install windows vista homepremium using bootcamp. Something isnt working, when I come to choose where I want to install windows, i click on 'Disk 0 Partition 3 BOOTCAMP' It has 5.6gb total size. At the bottom it says 'windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS.'
When I press the eject button on the keyboard to eject the disk nothing happenes. When I restart my macbook, the windows installation just loads up again so I cant get on my laptop at all.

Any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks, Robbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
When restarting, hold down the mouse button...

The disk should eject...

Also, to try to help your bootcamp problem... Try using bootcamp assistant to restore your drive to one partition and then make a new bootcamp partition. 5GB is not enough space (which may be why its not installing). I would make it at least 10GB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
as nPuter says 5.6gb is too small. The Vista minimum specs state 15GB!

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks, got the CD out. set it at 20gb but it still isn't working. It still says 'windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS.'

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
In Bootcamp you make you partition. Then you boot from the Vista DVD, then from the installer select that 20GB partition you created and then choose Format NTFS.

What copy of Windows Vista are you trying to install? A full install I hope??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.