Can I access the other half of a partitioned HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
If I partition my HD in my MB and install Windows on the other half, can I access files saved on the Windows half when running the Mac OS X half and vice versa?

Reaction score
You can see your Windows files on the Mac, but you can't write to the partition unless it is a FAT32 partition. You can read them, though.

There are utilities to allow you to read and write to the Windows partition from the Mac (and vice-versa). Unfortunately you need one for each way.

The easiest way is to just use keep the files you need on both on a memory stick formatted in FAT32 which both can read and write to fine.

NTFS for OS X from Paragon lets you write to NTFS from a Mac. There is also a free option, but I can't recall what it is called.
MacDrive lets you write to Mac disks from Windows. I haven't tried to use it to see the OS X partition from Windows, though.
Both should be easy to find searching Google.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.