iPhone 2nd Gen

Reaction score
So I know this isn't about computers and whatnot, but I figured this is the best place to go to ask these questions because everyone here has been helpful to me so far with others:

Is the 2nd Gen iPhone still only AT&T or did they make it released as a universal phone? I keep hearing different things and I don't have all of the good resources that most people have to answer these questions for myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3
It's only for AT&T. You might be able to unlock it to work on other 3G carriers, but I've heard Apple and AT&T are making it a lot harder to do that then in the past.

In the US, T-Mobile is only other carrier it will work on anyway, so unless you are a customer of theirs, it isn't really that big of a deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
So I know this isn't about computers and whatnot, but I figured this is the best place to go to ask these questions because everyone here has been helpful to me so far with others:

Is the 2nd Gen iPhone still only AT&T or did they make it released as a universal phone? I keep hearing different things and I don't have all of the good resources that most people have to answer these questions for myself.

The only official carrier here in the United States is att. Each country has their own official carrier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moving to correct forum.

OP
N
Reaction score
Sorry about that schweb, annnd, so you're saying if it IS unlocked, which is a maybe in the future, T-mobile is the one service you'd want it to work with/the one it will work with when unlocked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Sorry about that schweb, annnd, so you're saying if it IS unlocked, which is a maybe in the future, T-mobile is the one service you'd want it to work with/the one it will work with when unlocked?

No t-mobile is the only other service provider that it would work with, at the time. Because Verizon uses CDMA, i believe. But that isn't for another 4 years. AT LEAST

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.