Why no white 8GB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
Following the announcement of the iphone 3g yesterday, i couldnt help but wonder why there is no white 8gb. I assume its because they want to sell more 16GB by inticing people with the colour.

Anyway, i think the white must look weird? The front is black and the back white...wouldnt that look stupid?

I was happy to learn that on 02 you can upgrade for £99 even though the contract has not ended. However, if you want the white its a further £60.

I was surprised at the gps, as i think everyone was, but the 3g was almost a given.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I agree, the white looks very odd as the front still looks exactly the same.

As for the white, looks like it's the premium color for the iPhone, just as how black is the premium color on the Macbooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
I wouldn't want the white even if it was on the 8GB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
I was surprised at the gps, as i think everyone was, but the 3g was almost a given.

I was not surprised at all by the gps. For me the gps was a given and just like I thought they would announce but not sell the 3G iPhone.

As for the white iPhone....... it is very weird. I think apple messed that up, I believe that they should have done what they did with the MacBook. Have black only at 16gb and white at 16gb and 8gb. Thats what they would have done if they wanted to make more money.(in my opion)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
They should have made the front white or somethin. It just doesnt look right in white. The plastic is a bit of a disappointment, though. The anodised aluminium is a much better look and feel than plastic i think. This is probably why its cheaper.

Im keen to see how to upgrade from existing iphone to new for the U.S. Here in the uk they have announced upgrades for the prices of the units, but what will at & t offer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
So your saying there offering people with the current iPhone to upgrade to the 3G iPhones. Wow I hope they do that hear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I was wondering about that myself. As a current iPhone owner I was wondering if they would offer some sort of "trade up" pricing. I am not holding my breath though. In this day of breakneck advances in computing technology, it is not unusual for new technology to eclipse old technology in the wink of an eye, consigning the old to the tech junk heap.

If I have to junk my current iPhone, I will. I will try to be "green" about it though and find a proper disposal site vs. just throwing it away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.