Question regarding HW vendors.

D

Desolate One

Hey guys, as you can see by my system specs near my username my iBook is in dire need of RAM. I have a friend @ work that is a Mac guy, always been, and he swears by Other World Computing. He buys most if not all of his hardware from them and actually knows of a shop that will work on Apples right near us in the Chicago-land area (recently had a SuperDrive installed in his PB by them). Has anyone had any experience with these guys? Can I trust the RAM they sell? They seem to be priced pretty well.

Thanks again. :)

Reaction score
Desolate One said:
Hey guys, as you can see by my system specs near my username my iBook is in dire need of RAM. I have a friend @ work that is a Mac guy, always been, and he swears by Other World Computing. He buys most if not all of his hardware from them and actually knows of a shop that will work on Apples right near us in the Chicago-land area (recently had a SuperDrive installed in his PB by them). Has anyone had any experience with these guys? Can I trust the RAM they sell? They seem to be priced pretty well.

Thanks again. :)

Afraid I don't know a thing about Other World, but I could highly recommend New Egg for purchasing ram and other stuff. I have been dealing with them for a couple of years now and they usually have very good prices and their shipping has been top notch. http://www.newegg.com

OP
D

Desolate One

I will take a look since I'm in dire need of RAM! Thanks!

Edited: Okay, just took a look and have noticed they have some pretty great prices. But before I part w/ a bit of my hard-earned, how is Kingmax memory? Does it play nice w/ the Mac? I'll need 200 Pin DDR SODIMM PC-2100 if I remember the manual correctly, right?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
Desolate One said:
I will take a look since I'm in dire need of RAM! Thanks!

Edited: Okay, just took a look and have noticed they have some pretty great prices. But before I part w/ a bit of my hard-earned, how is Kingmax memory? Does it play nice w/ the Mac? I'll need 200 Pin DDR SODIMM PC-2100 if I remember the manual correctly, right?

Thanks again.

Afraid I don't know that particular ram... would stick with Corsair, ocx, Kingston or one of the top names rather than take a chance on some flakey ram just because it's cheap. "Cheap" ram can give you lots of problems. Be sure to check your manual to see what your model uses as Mac seems to be rather fussy about mixed ram. I put in some Pc3200 433 ram with some PC3200 400 and it wouldn't even boot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.