Question about Accessories for iPhone 3G?

Reaction score
I am going to get the new iPhone 3G as soon as it comes out which sounds like it'll be July 11th. I haven't decided yet if I'll order online or go to an AT&T or Apple store. Does anyone know when the online store is going to start taking pre-orders or will it just become available at a certain time on July 11th? Maybe 6PM like last time?
Anyway, what I'm wondering about is accessories. Currently I had bought one of the special headphone adapters for the iPhone and it appears those won't be needed with the new 3G. Is that true?
To continue, I may look at getting another screen protector for the new 3G but I know I can't reuse the one I have but my main question is about 3 accessories, the iPhone Case (I currently use a product by iQase), a Griffin iTrip Charger/FM Transmitter I have for the car, and the AC Charger. I'm sure the AC Charger will still work and I have a feeling the Griffin iTrip will still charge it in the car. My Griffin iTrip has never allowed the iPhone to work with my car stereo. Only my iPod 5G has worked with it. Could this change with the 3G? Also, as for the case, will a new case be needed for the new iPhone 3G since it's slimmer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
So far you can't order online, but we are talking about this in the rumors/reports section. I think that the new iPhone is still the 3.5 mm minijack, so you will need it.

The 3G iPhone is actually slightly bigger, but only by 2mm at most, so it should fit, a little snug, but it should fit. I don't know about the car adapter, because I always thought that they made special ones for iPhones, but I could be mistaken.

Do you remember if last time there was a wait period to buy online??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.