• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My "Career Matchmaker" results...I still don't know what to do...

Reaction score
Okay, since i'm now one year into completing my high school journey, i'm still being pressured into figuring out what I want to do in my life.
We have this career matchmaker test on careercruising.com, and i've sort of been using it as a template, but it has some faults.

ANyway.....here's my results from january.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now, I found a button saying "Answer more questions to improve my results", answered those, and got.....
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hm.....
Now I click "Answer more questions to improve my results" AGAIN, and get....
attachment.php

Gah, i've reached my limit.
Are you getting my idea though?
It took me long enough to do this, I sort of forgot what the point was supposed to be....

Dang it, I hate it when that happens.
I'll edit when I remember, If I remember.

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Picture 6.png

26.png

Picture 7.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
Perhaps pick a handful of your "A's" - assuming those are your top matches - and do some research on what that occupation involves. Afterward, if none of them sparks your interest, choose a different set of "A's" and research them.:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well I think the best thing to do in order to figure out what field you want to get into after graduating is this:

Sit down and consider what is it that you really a) Enjoy doing. b) Passionate about.

Because if you are looking to get into any career just for the money then its a going to be a rough ride through out college.

When I started going to school for my BS in Electronics, my class was 120 students. I heard a lot of them saying that they chose this major because they'll be able to make tons of money when they graduate. Guess what, by graduation we were only 14 students.

If its not something that you are going to enjoy don't bother with it, because if you really enjoy a certain field school will be relatively easy, and then when you get a job in that field you'll be able to excel at and then the Money will come.

Just my 2 cents :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
you are finishing your first year of high school dont sweat your career choice yet. take classes that you may be interested in on a personal level and see if you like them. now is the time to experiment and see if you like certain subject matters. find something you enjoy, or a couple things you enjoy and focus on them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I agree with sanity. What one wants to do when they are a freshman in high school is often different from what they want three (end of high school) or seven (end of college) years later. This was certainly true in my case.

This seems like a nice tool, but here is the real question: What do you like to do? It doesn't have to be a "job", just something that you enjoy :) Go from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Now I'm thinking about this too.

Darn it Tanner! Making me question my own career pathway.

Is there a career where I can just lay around and do nothing all day?

I kinda want to be a locksmith.

*sigh*

If only that wasn't such a tiny job market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I didn't see Carny on your list...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Is there a career where I can just lay around and do nothing all day?

Trophy Wife/Husband :$ :Cool:

Even with a small job market, I don't think it's an often thought of aspiration, so who's to say that you couldn't make it. That knowledge can be very valuable, especially considering how sophisticated locking mechanisms and technology are getting these days.

Reaction score
maybe he has large hands and doesn't smell like cabbage.

Ahahaha.

Back to the topic, enjoy being young right now. You have plenty of time to think about a career later. It's good that you're thinking about it now, but I'm sure your interests will change. Just have fun for now and worry about that stuff later. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
Oh, the good times I have had with that website.

I have to admit that the matchmaker is pretty accurate. I was introduced to the site in the sixth or seventh grade and used it until I graduated from high school. Teacher of some form was always listed as my top career match, and I am happy to say that I am in my third year of University completing a five year honours bachelor of arts in English and bachelor of education in the primary/junior division program.

I understand the pressure that you must have in trying to choose a career now. A lot of people do not understand that in high school the choices that you make for classes in the nineth grade affect the ones that you will make in through the rest of your high school career (and obviously onward into higher education). Everything seems to have a pre-requisite. I think that it is important to do a little bit of research into schools that you may want to attend and see what the admission requirements are. This may help guide the classes you choose and interests you may want to persue.

Schoolfinder may be a useful site. You can complete a similar career matchmaker and will provide programs and schools that are related to your matches.

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.