Buy iPhone in the US, Work in the UK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD
If I buy an iPhone in the US, will it work with an o2 (apple's selected iphone network) in the Uk or is it locked to AT&T only?

Just asking because it is sooooo much cheaper in the US because of the exchange rate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
Yeah I think so, I know of people selling them to people in England and other countries in Europe. But the only thing I can think of is that you would need to get an O2 sim.

Not 100% sure probably want to check with others.

Check out the signature...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Doubtful unless you unlock it. I'm sure the new iPhone will be like the old and tied to the SIM it comes with. I don't know if your network/iTunes will accept the SIM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Download Ziphone and unlock it. you will be good togo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hardware wise the iPhone is exactly the same for all the countries thats getting it within the next few month. I was just reading on Gizmodo that AT&T is trying to make it so that if you don't activate the phone with them within 30 days of purchase they will be able to hit you with a fine.

Also there is NO online pre-order, you have to walk into the the Apple or AT&T store to pick up the iPhone and for some reason they did away with iTunes activation and you'll have to activate it in store.

So, even though in theory you can take a US iPhone and it should work in the UK, I don't think they will let ya.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.