MacBook to Projector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro and Macbook
I plan to use my Macbook to send video to an external projector. I bought a DVI adapter but now think I should use S-Video. Actually I have no idea which way is best but the projector has just about every option possible. How do I make the video display on an external display? I confess I do not know. Can anyone help me?

Gary:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The best way would be DVI (macbook) to VGA or DVI on the projector.

No sense trying to convert to s-video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
ll you have to do is plug it in and turn on the projector. it really is that simple.

if you need to adjust the resolution go to system preferences then click on display. from there you can change the display settings, arrangement and color. you can also choose if you want your projecter to be a mirror display.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro and Macbook
Thanks...That's what I hoped.

My projector was in another location so I tried connecting the Macbook thru the adapter to a LCD monitor. I bought a new DVI cable. When I connected it nothing happened. May be my new cable. I will try another cable to verify connection. Don't like the adapter connection though. DVI easily tugs the connection from the Macbook. No way to secure it.

Thanks,

Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.