Changing PATH variable

Reaction score
I'm trying to find the script that is automatically executed to set the environment variables (eg:pATH). Where is this startup script located?

P.S. I tried finding the answer on Google but i couldn't find the answer. I think im using the wrong search terms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Performing Unix commands at system startup:
"All Unix commands run while OS-X is booting up are run as root and have the potential to significantly alter the behavior of your system. Because this is potentially dangerous, creating one of these startup items is fairly difficult. They have a very structured format, and will not load unless they reside in one of two places: /System/Library/StartupItems (reserved for those provided by Apple) or /Library/StartupItems (where you should put yours)."

See if these links help.
http://developer.apple.com/document...erview/CommandLine/chapter_950_section_4.html
http://www.brooksandrus.com/blog/20...iables-adding-executables-to-the-system-path/
ttp://www.osxfaq.com/tutorials/LearningCenter/HowTo/Startup/index.ws

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it's not a script, it's merely an environment variable. you can add a path in your .profile

First do
echo $PATH

that'll show you your current path.

add
Code:
export PATH=/path/to/whatever:$PATH

to the file then execute

. ./.profile

Finally do
echo $PATH

and make sure the new addition shows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
if you don't have a .profile, make one ;) chmod 711 it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.