Do you think there will a software update to the iPhone to match the new one??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
Obviously somethings can't be updated, like GPS and 3G. What about the supposed dictionary, MMS, copy and paste, or other things they might add? Think current gen iPhone users will get that in an update? If so, for free, or a paid update like the iPod Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
There will be an update and it will be for free. The iPod falls under different accounting so that is why they charge for updates. The iPhone will have to updated to include the app store at the least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
I think we will be getting some good stuff. And if we don't lets not talk about that. If Apple wanted to could they grant gps to all regular non 3G iPhones?
Not a big hardware analyzer but i think it could be plausible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If Apple wanted to could they grant gps to all regular non 3G iPhones?
Not real true GPS. The current iPhone doesn't have the GPS tracker/locater in the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah that was what it thought would hold them back. Would they try to us the triangular locating through though the phone towers or would that just be pointless and unreliable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Would they try to us the triangular locating through though the phone towers or would that just be pointless and unreliable.

That feature is already available in the current iPhone release (version 1.1.4). From my experience it hasn't been something I could truly rely on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I am aware of this i was asking could they some how use that for turn by turn navigation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I am aware of this i was asking could they some how use that for turn by turn navigation.
Probably not. When I use it, it doesn't pin point your location exactly. It just gives you a general area where you are at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know I was wondering if they would revamp it to make it work but its silly.
I don't really care I can't even drive so....? But it would be nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.