Nero Problem On iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi All

I have one programme that I use through Bootcamp (windows), which is a video editor. This works fine, but when I want to burn the project to disc using Nero, Nero goes through the motions, then tells me that the DVD drive is already in use, which it is not.
I have tried inserting a disc at the last minute and also before opening Nero, but nothing works.
I do know that the drive is OK, as when I am in OSX I use Toast, and that work fine.

Any help please?

Philip

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi All

I have one programme that I use through Bootcamp (windows), which is a video editor. This works fine, but when I want to burn the project to disc using Nero, Nero goes through the motions, then tells me that the DVD drive is already in use, which it is not.
I have tried inserting a disc at the last minute and also before opening Nero, but nothing works.
I do know that the drive is OK, as when I am in OSX I use Toast, and that work fine.

Any help please?

Philip

I know it's a bother, but have you tried rebooting Windows prior to burning the project with Nero? I suggest trying that in the event you're using the drive to do video editing and somehow your video editing software is not properly releasing it back to the OS.

Regards.

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Thanks chscag for your advice.
Your train of thought made perfect sense, so I tried rebooting windows, but it did not make any difference....which I honestly thought it would.

I have since removed Nero, reinstalled it, but still no luck. Then I remembered that I had an OEM version of Nero that came with a Phillips DVD burner, that I bought for my PC about four years ago. I installed that and Hey Presto! it works.

Thanks again

Philip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.