Adobe Photoshop CS3 Pinwheel Won't Go Away

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
So I'm using adobe photoshop CS3 and I was loading something and I clicked I don't even know what on accident and it caused the pinwheel to come up and t WON'T go away. I would just force quit the application BUT I've been working on something in it for a long time and I've not saved it. How can I fix this without losing what I'm working on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
As far as I know, there is no way to recover from this. Unfortunately, it is through painful losses like this that people learn to reflexively save their work every few minutes to ensure that they don't loose too much in a crash. No matter how good computers get, programs will always have bugs. Unfortunately, you appear to have jut been bitten by one of these.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Corbri,

Sorry to hear avbout your l,oss, I know how painful that can be...

If CS3 is like other photo editors around, go to its Preferences and you should be able to set how often you want your project saved. In PhotoShopPro there is an Autosave function where you can set the time between automatic saves, for example. That will save you some losses...

Good luck in the future, Noel

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
Well **** I hate to lose it but thanks a ton for the info on autosaving I'll have to check it out. I know mac is usually fabulous about not losing stuff. Unfortunately it seems I may be screwed this time, but maybe it'll be better in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
That problem seems to be with all big graphic programs. I used to have Paintshop Pro on my windows pc and it crashed like that, so I then saved every couple of minutes.

I'm sorry that you lost your work though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.