• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Boot Camp Problems

Reaction score
I have a new imac running Leapord OS X... I have run boot camp and set up windows, but when I am in windows and select boot camp setup, it tells me I need Win SP2... I downloaded it from the site and when I attempt to install, it tells me that my partitioned drive hasn't got enough space when it has 50 gig!?!
This might sound bizzare, but I have a feeling that because it has so much space the installer just can't read it?! The installer requires 8 meg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
:)

Reaction score
Install instructions say to install XP w/ SP2 already apart of it. You can't install windows and then do the SP2 install later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.