help with renaming mp3s

Reaction score
i have itunes and i have moved some albums. over from my pc and there is no track listing which song it is. just shows track1 track2 etc.is there anyway to import the song info. as i do not want to type everything out. as i have quiet a few what want doing

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
this method works a lot of the time but sometimes might not

download the CDDB track info script

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=cddbsafarikit

Put the script in Users/YourFolder/Library/iTunes/Scripts
If the Scripts folder is not there - make one

Restart iTunes. Put your album in its own playlist. Find the track listing on the gracenote site www.gracenote.com

Select the tracks in the playlist and under the script menu in Safari, select CDDB Tracks to iTunes via Safari - that should work,

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i have itunes and i have moved some albums. over from my pc and there is no track listing which song it is. just shows track1 track2 etc.is there anyway to import the song info. as i do not want to type everything out. as i have quiet a few what want doing

thanks

A cool program I have found for this purpose is called iEatBrainz. It uses the MusicBrainz database, which identifies songs by certain unique signatures. It will automatically run through your iTunes library and correct any tracks it can identify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it to work, doesn't do a bad job

You might try that itunes script as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

thanks

Were you using iTunes on your PC? Are the "Track 1, Track 2" listings showing up in iTunes or in the Finder Window?

If the tracks are named in the Finder Window but not in iTunes you can download an App like MediaRage and use it to convert the file names the appropriate Metadata tags that iTunes will recognize. It will also let you do the same for artist and Album and let you mass tag song files so the appropriate fields are filled in in iTunes.

OP
R
Reaction score
i use itunes on my mac iam running osx leopard can not get that apple script to work either

thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.