• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Can't Sleep!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm so anxious for the grand opening of the Apple Store in Huntsville, AL today I can't get back to sleep. I'm leaving here @ 0700 in hopes there aren't too many people out there in line. I'm so pumped about getting a store near home!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
LOL are you serious?

Are you planning to buy something or ... ?

I cant sleep now coz i am working on trading my iphone for a ps3 and its almost done. Cant wait to pickup the ps3 tomorrow !

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was a blast! I ended up going twice with one of my kids so I ended up with 4 t-shirts. When I got there at 0800, there was only 14 people in line. A bit disappointing but still fun. When the store opened at 1000, there were around 200-300 in line. Not exactly the crowd you'd see in a larger town, but still pretty impressive. About 0930 the employees all ran down the line high-fiving everyone. I saw them give one guy a new iMac. A bunch more happened but it is typical of what I've read about Apple Store grand openings so I won't reiterate here. I did have a great time, though. As for buying something, not yesterday. Soon, though, I plan on getting a 8 gig Nano so I'll be purchasing it there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
glad you had a good time john. who was the lucky winner if the imac? was it the first person in line?

to be honest i am in pressed you made two trips to the apple store and didn't buy a thing. i usually cant go in there with out getting something

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
glad you had a good time john. who was the lucky winner if the imac? was it the first person in line?

to be honest i am in pressed you made two trips to the apple store and didn't buy a thing. i usually cant go in there with out getting something
No, it was just some random person that was in the store as far as I could tell. And, although my wallet didn't get any thinner Saturday, the mere presence of an Apple Store exactly 28.7 miles from my driveway only guarantees it's only a matter of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
John,

Now we know why you went - you read about that free iMac and were looking for a score ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
I remember when the Apple Store at Florida Mall opened nearly three years ago. Wow! Has it been that long? I talked my husband into going to the opening with me, even though he's not a Mac user, and he gave me his t-shirt, so I have two. What does your opening day t-shirt look like, John? The one from Florida Mall is black, with a white Apple logo and "Florida Mall" on the front, and in smaller print, "Designed by Apple in California" on the back. Wondered if they're still using the same design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Closest one to me is about two hours away :(

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I remember when the Apple Store at Florida Mall opened nearly three years ago. Wow! Has it been that long? I talked my husband into going to the opening with me, even though he's not a Mac user, and he gave me his t-shirt, so I have two. What does your opening day t-shirt look like, John? The one from Florida Mall is black, with a white Apple logo and "Florida Mall" on the front, and in smaller print, "Designed by Apple in California" on the back. Wondered if they're still using the same design.
Same thing only the front says "Bridge street"... but I have four of them!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.