VMWare Fusion on imac and macbook

Reaction score
I just installed vmware fusion version 1.0 on my imac and everything works great. on my macook ive been running bootcamp and now want to install Vmware on it too, do i need to buy another disc to get a different serial number or can i just install the same one twice. I'm being very cautious as i don't want to divide Hd space and find that it wont work or muck up bootcamp already running.
thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You'll need to purchase another license from VMWare. It's one license per machine.

Reaction score
I actually purchased VMWare, and decided to checkout Bootcamp first since it was free. I haven't even bothered installing Fusion. If you're interested, I'll sell you my key unless you've gotten one from elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I'm going to primarily use boot camp but have VMWare as well to transfer files between Windows and Mac, and log in quickly to windows if I need something without wanting to shut down osx.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.