A new half-convert

D

danger_boy_13

I finally broke down (and made myself broke) and bought a PowerBook G4 12". I am still gonna keep my PC around for gaming and some 3D work (3D Studio Max), but my PB is going to be my main workstation for college work and web design. I got it with the basic 256 RAM, but I am going to buy 1GB from crucial when i get the money. I was wondering what basic accessories you guys would suggest for my PB.

OP
D

Desolate One

RAM! I have an iBook G4 w/ a similar setup and I'm also looking towards a gig stick for my system as well. I'm also considering using it as my desktop replacement via Bluetooth KB & mouse. Perhaps this is something you would also be interested in?

OP
D

danger_boy_13

Desktop replacement isn't really a possibility with me. I have a PC that I still have for gaming and it will stay there. I have a 256 MB Graphics card in it that i just purchased, plus more money into RAM and extra HDD and peripherals, etc.

OP
D

danger_boy_13

What IM program do you guys use on your Macs? Do you use the individual clients (AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc) or is there an all-in-one like Trillian from Windows?

OP
D

Desolate One

I just use iChat. It's only for AIM and .Mac accounts for all I know. There's another all-in-one client (unfortunately I can recall the name), but since I only have friends on AIM iChat is enough for me.

OP
D

Desolate One

Yah, but like I said I haven't used it. AIM is all I use so iChat takes care of that issue for me. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum 12" 1.33ghz PowerBook G4 w/ 1280mb RAM, 80gb 5400rpm HD, 64mb vid RAM
Adiumx is the best and it's free. www.adiumx.com
I would recommend the bluetooth mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.