Mail Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
All of a sudden I cannot delete or drag to trash any read emails. I haven't made any changes to the mail program. I can't delete any sent email, nor current email or empty trash or even drag anything to another folder. When I try any of that to delete an email I get a box that pops up that says:

"The message could not be moved to the mailbox "Deleted Messages-mail"
The destination mailbox "Deleted Messages-mail" does not allow messages to be moved to it".

What could have caused this and how can I correct it without creating a whole new account? I'm new at Mac. Thanks for a reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
A few things to try.

Repair Permissions with Disk Utility. (applications/utilities)
Look for corrupt preference files. (download: Preferential Treatment)
Select the "deleted messages" mailbox and use the Rebuild command. (from the menu bar)

Let us know if it helps. There are a few more things to try, if needed.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Soulwar, thanks for the reply. I tried all that but I ended up creating a new mail account. My problem might have been different than the solutions you posted, but thanks for responding.

Reaction score
:D Sometimes if you don't lick the envelopes all the way the glue sticks to the mailbox lid.O:)

Sorry I just had to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.