• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

maddox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reading that crap makes one understand why mad hatter hackers will eventually try and engineer a Mac virus and as market share increases, so will the attempts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Nice language (on the linky page). The author is an obvious idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Love his page, hafta agree on many posts. If you're insulted (or call him an idiot) I think you should recognize that his whole site is humor and you should be able to laugh at yourself. If you can't do that, get your head out of your rear end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Humor? I don't see evidence of humor there.

What I DO find humorous is the statement you agree with many of the posts, yet you call it humor. I suppose if my head was in the darkside, I would understand the contradiction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
Humor? I don't see evidence of humor there.

What I DO find humorous is the statement you agree with many of the posts, yet you call it humor. I suppose if my head was in the darkside, I would understand the contradiction.

You must not have seen a lot of his stuff. I agree with the points of the mac people, since I'm surrounded by those types at my school.

Ignoring the ad hominem, because for some reason your statement is antagonizing me, you can find humor in a lot of things you agree with. I've seen parents laugh at the way how he criticizes children's art and whatnot.

Now chill out. I can't believe that I've seen more people needing to do that here in my few months of just reading than in my many years of other message boards. If anything, it just proves my point that you can't laugh at yourself or take things too personally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I used to read some of his stuff and agree that it is 100% BS and simply for the sake of laughs. If he's actually serious, I hope nobody figures it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You must not have seen a lot of his stuff.
You think?

EGGO said:
Ignoring the ad hominem, because for some reason your statement is antagonizing me,
Interesting, and yet those who fail to see the humor have their heads in their butts....

EGGO said:
Now chill out. I can't believe that I've seen more people needing to do that here in my few months of just reading than in my many years of other message boards. If anything, it just proves my point that you can't laugh at yourself or take things too personally.

Actually, this is the only forum I frequent where I've seen a select few who have personal issues with others from behind the safety of their computer. I am beginning to wonder if that's a Mac thing, or just a geek thing in general?

Maddox should write about that. Now that I would find funny... Kinda like now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
His articles are intentionally inflammatory. I wouldn't get all worked up about it really.

That being said, I did actually meet him once. In short, he kind of comes off as socially dysfunctional and awkward in person. After meeting him, his articles stopped being funny and started to seem bitter to me.

And you guys should chill a bit or this is going to get locked...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i think his site is really funny, ive read most of his stuff from when i was in high school to now. the beating your children article is classic.

my g/f hates it ....lol

either way its amusing and i think people take it too serious and get angry, but it makes for some great hate mail. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If its satire then good on him, well done and quite funny.

But it looks like a rant - but that's fine by me. It's a bit like any argument, when you have to rely on insults and put downs, you've lost the argument

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You think?

Interesting, and yet those who fail to see the humor have their heads in their butts....

Actually, this is the only forum I frequent where I've seen a select few who have personal issues with others from behind the safety of their computer. I am beginning to wonder if that's a Mac thing, or just a geek thing in general?

Maddox should write about that. Now that I would find funny... Kinda like now.

I didn't say those who fail to see the humor, I said those who get insulted by his words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wasn't insulted, nor was I angry by the article. I found the article stupid, and the author an idiot. Nothing more, nothing less. I would include " my .2cents" , but I don't come cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.