• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is It Time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I had a wonderfully frustrating experience today. I decided to boot up my Vista machine to get the new updates. I hadn't done this since last month. Unlike when I'm on my MacBook, I had to think about how to get around in the Windows environment. I found it to be somewhat frustrating, yet I couldn't help smiling! So I ask this: Can I now drop the "Switcher" title?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
sounds like you can to me ;)

you have come over to the cosy side of the force

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
You could... but than you would no longer be able to get help in the infamous switcher forum!

Reaction score
As long as they don't change the name to "new" switcher you should be alright! I am an "old" switcher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
It's time my friend - enter the light.......

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
As long as they don't change the name to "new" switcher you should be alright! I am an "old" switcher.

Here too - I still consider myself a "switcher".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
No. Only those whose first computer was a Mac (or Apple I/II/III) are not Switchers.

It doesn't matter if you Switched in 1982 from your IBM PC-5150 to an Apple II+ and have used nothing but Apple products since. You still Switched. But that doesn't make you any less a Mac user today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
Since I still have to contend with Windows at work, I consider myself a "back & forth switcher". I'm pretty much Windows free at home.

Reaction score
I still use Windows.
I'm actually interested in trying Vista. I'm not going to shell out any money to, but it looks interesting.
I love Mac.
I love Windows.
I'd love to love Linux, but haven't got my hands on a distro in a while besides Ubuntu...

I don't care about the MAC ONLY or WINDOWS ALL THE WAY junk.

I dip my brush in all the paints and make my own colors.

Reaction score
I never really considered myself a switcher. I think partly because that name wasn't as popular when I bought my first Mac, but mostly because I more feel like I was forced to use Windows until I was old enough and had the money to by my own computer. I was always a Mac user in my heart :)

Reaction score
I love the simplicity of unix and gnu systems, and its still a dark mistery to me how a winows computer works. why do you have to do stuff like refragmentation? how it starts up? why do you have to do all that weird procedure to eject a usb stick?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
Since I still have to contend with Windows at work, I consider myself a "back & forth switcher". I'm pretty much Windows free at home.

same.

my friend actually has my windows computer, he needed to borrow a computer and i haven't touched it since i got my apple.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I still use Windows.
I'm actually interested in trying Vista. I'm not going to shell out any money to, but it looks interesting.
I love Mac.
I love Windows.
I'd love to love Linux, but haven't got my hands on a distro in a while besides Ubuntu...

Windows has its place (for now) ... but this house is Windows free and better off for it! :D

Reaction score
I still use Windows.
I love Mac.
I love Windows.

What would you want in a Linux system? There are many distros so the best way I have found is to match what you need with what various distros offer. Some install in minutes and run themselves and others you have to build from the ground up - but you wind up with a custom-designed system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.