What to do to prep iPhone for sale?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, A new MB (When they come out!)
Alright,

With demand for the iPhone skyrocketing as the supply dwindles, I feel it is the perfect time to sell off my 8GB iPhone at a premium, and in doing so have enough to buy the new version when it comes out.

Unfortunately though, neither Apple, nor the idiots at AT&T can give me a straight answer on what i need to do to prep my iPhone for a sale so that the person on the other end of the transaction can simply update their plan, pop in their SIM Card, and be good to go.

I know that iPhones are registered to the sim card that they are given, so it is not just as easy as taking mine out and the new owner putting theirs in. If anyone has experience in this area, it would be greatly appreciated if you could please shed some light on my situation.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook || 8GB iPhone
Pop in there sim card ? ehhhh I dont think so.

I would just restore the phone and backup all the information you need and your good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know that iPhones are registered to the sim card that they are given, so it is not just as easy as taking mine out and the new owner putting theirs in.

Where'd you hear that little tidbit? If you take another AT&T SIM card and pop it into an iPhone, it should work right off the bat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I just read some articles about selling used iPhones. They say that even if you do a restore the information is still there waiting to be written over and some people could get at that information. They also say that one way to avoid this is to restore the phone with no info on it and then max out the memory with songs or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.