Playing I-Tunes through an Amplifier

Reaction score
I have a MacBook MB404... and have been given the task of playing music for upcoming events. I have seen DJ's plugging their Laptops into elaborate systems and playing music directly from their I-tunes and/or other music playlists. Is there a less expensive way. I can't afford spending thousands of $$$. I'd be willing to get an amplifier (Not too expensive) if it would work. Would I need any special equiment besides the Laptop, Amplifier and a couple of decent speakers? Help from anyone with knowledge in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I have a wire from belkin thats a regular mini plug, like the earbuds that come with ipods, ad at the other end its the rca red/white plugs. It works really well. I found it best to turn of any sound enhancement, eq settings in itunes, then apply all that on the stereo its hooked up to.... get rid of loads of distortion on the bass end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
You need something like this.. I wouldn't go any cheaper than that our you won't get decent sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I have a MacBook MB404... and have been given the task of playing music for upcoming events. Is there a less expensive way. ... Would I need any special equiment besides the Laptop, Amplifier and a couple of decent speakers?

I have done almost exactly what you're looking to do - with equipment that cost me less than US$100. I have to admit that I was lucky to score a free Aiwa amplifier, someone had thrown it away because one of its speakers had shorted. I hired a couple of PA spkrs (and still go that way).

eMac audio output via 3.5 mm stereo jack to RCA plugs to Aiwa, then standard spkr cable to spkrs. I've used my own JVC or Technics spkrs on a couple of occasions but they can't cope with a large hall or compete with a lot of people making noise (eg. dance or social event).

If you're working with a large venue or large crowds, hire the amp and spkrs and connect your Mac with standard cables and adaptors as necessary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.