hep, my music is lost

isi

Reaction score
Hi, I would really appreciate it if any one can help me: i switched from a PC to mac, so I burned all the music from my pc to cd's and then transferred them into itunes at the mac. But now what has happened is that all the information -title, singer, album title etc has disappeared, so it is all a mess. As well, a lot of the songs just don't want to play or they play for five seconds and then quit. I know now that I should have done it differently, but is all lost, is there anything I can do?

OP
I

isi

Reaction score
help, my music is lost!

Hi, I would really appreciate it if any one can help me: i switched from a PC to mac, so I burned all the music from my pc to cd's and then transferred them into itunes at the mac. But now what has happened is that all the information -title, singer, album title etc has disappeared, so it is all a mess. As well, a lot of the songs just don't want to play or they play for five seconds and then quit. I know now that I should have done it differently, but is all lost, is there anything I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
did you burn them as playable music files or as data files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what format are the files in, and do you still have them on the PC?

what did you use on the PC to manage your music, all this info will help us

Reaction score
I hope that you still have it all on your PC. I'd recommend transferring it to an external HDD if you still have it. The import it from the HDD so that you have all of the data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.