Would a 3G iphone do a T-Mobile customer any good?

Reaction score
If you are a T-Mobile iphone user and they release the 3G iphone next month as rumered, would you need to go back to AT&T to take advantage of the 3G device?

Reaction score
it depends on how well t-mobile has their 3g network built out. AT&T is expanding their 3g network like crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If you are a T-Mobile iphone user and they release the 3G iphone next month as rumered, would you need to go back to AT&T to take advantage of the 3G device?

Only if you live in a T-Mobile 3G area.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8 Gb iPhone/MacBook 2.2 Ghz/G5 iMac/ 8Gb iPod touch
But you would need to buy the 3G iPhone/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But you would need to buy the 3G iPhone/

We know.

They are asking if purchasing the 3G iPhone will have any benefit to them since they are on the T-Mobile network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Has T-Mobile even gotten around to rolling out its 3G network yet? Or are we talking about T-Mobile in other countries?

Reaction score

have you looked on tmobiles website for coverage of 3G? In the UK its pretty decent around the well populated areas. For me really the only real benefit of having the speed is if you use the phone as a modem, or to do a reasonable amount of surfing. I don't even know if you can buy a non 3G phone on a contract in the uk. Don' really care either tbh ;)

I don't really know what the coverage, expectations and hoo-har are over 3G in the states at the moment. Where are you all now? Expectant of a life changing experience, or all realising its just a bit faster for constant connections to the internet?

Reaction score
We know.

They are asking if purchasing the 3G iPhone will have any benefit to them since they are on the T-Mobile network.

if they dont have a 3g network where they live, there will be no benefit since it will only have 2g access.

Now no telling what new cool features the 3G version will have, more capacity? new apps, lots of improvements? lower cost? that would be the only benefit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if they dont have a 3g network where they live, there will be no benefit since it will only have 2g access.

That is correct. I pointed that out in my first post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.