wired mouse problem

Reaction score
just bought an new iMac with a wired mouse. It works ok most of the time and then jumps on the screen. (will jump from one place to another on or off screen for no reason) Diagnostics with Apple concluded that the mouse was bad so they sent me a new one, now the new one is jumping too. Is there something wrong with these mice? Could both mice have been bad or is it something else? OS or computer itself. I have a logitech wireless that seems to work ok but the mouse from apple doesn't. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Mice can get cranky depending on the surface they are used (not perfectly straight, glossy or unregular). Test it using it on top of plain printer paper on a flat surface.

Reaction score
just bought an new iMac with a wired mouse. It works ok most of the time and then jumps on the screen. (will jump from one place to another on or off screen for no reason) Diagnostics with Apple concluded that the mouse was bad so they sent me a new one, now the new one is jumping too. Is there something wrong with these mice? Could both mice have been bad or is it something else? OS or computer itself. I have a logitech wireless that seems to work ok but the mouse from apple doesn't. Any suggestions?

This happens to me as well every once in a while, but I have never suspected it to be anything faulty with the mouse, just a random glitch I suppose. I got this wired mouse since December last year, and it is still working fine for me. It still jumps, but it's a minor problem personally.

Reaction score
I too am having the same problem. Purchase a new iMac in February. Just thought the mouse jumping was just a glitch and nusance. I should contact Apple to correct. Have gone on their Support site and have not found any reports about it. I did find your post by Googling "iMac mouse jumps" Let us know if problem gets solved.
Tom

Reaction score
I also have the same problem with the Mac M.Mouse. It happens after my 6 months old aluminium 20" IMac using "Leopard" has been running for several hours.
I have tried cordless Logitech bluetooth and USB micro with the same result.
These same devices don't have the problem on a Windows PC. This to me means it must be the OS or the computer??
Has anybody had this happen on a earlier Mac using a different OS??

Reaction score
Mouse glitches on Intel Imac

I need help and advice as the mouse pointer occasionally jumps around on its own and the open files flies all over the screen. I sent my computer to Apple support and they could not find anything wrong with it. My computer is the 20" Intel iMac about 2.5 yrs old.

I thought it was a problem with the wired mighty mouse - killed 3 already - in that the scroll button only scrolls page down but not up after sometime of perfect normal use.

Oh, I thought it is only the wired mouse, however my Apple Blue Tooth normal mouse also experience glitches.

Any solutions from anyone?

I am from Sydney, Australia. Thanks.

Reaction score
Is anyone else having scroll problems with their corded mouse? Mine will scroll side to side but it wont scroll up and down. Does anyone know a fix to this or must I go grovel at the apple store for assistance?

Reaction score
Did you get this problem fixed? I hope so, as it was quite some time ago! Only asking because I have what sounds like an identical problem and at the moment my mac is virtually unuseable. How did you fix this problem?
Any advice would be warmly welcomed.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.