Mac Mini Help??

Reaction score
I bought a mac mini for the sole purpose of connecting to a HDTV and playing promo videos in our store.

I am a developer, (windows guy tho).

I make several videos for the company in After Effects. I then export the videos in a format like .AVI or .MOV.

I want to put these videos on the Mac Mini in some sort of "library" and make several different play-lists of these videos. and make it easy for the associate in the morning before the day begins to get on, pick a video play list and have those videos loop all day.

I got my Mac Mini today, but I have never used a mac before so donmt know where to begin. the sales person at apple.com said a mac mini would fill these needs.

Can anyone please help me set this up?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none as of yet
You will need a cable to connect your mini to a tv, not sure what cable though. I hope that helped

Reaction score
I bought the cable at the local apple authorized reseller. I am sure they have them there. (probably where you bought the Mac Mini). If not they are available online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If you need video only, get a DVI to HDMI cable (assuming your TV supports HDMI.)
You could probably use either iTunes or Front Row to make a video playlist. Try iTunes first; it should be the same as the Windows version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.