• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

TUAW Special: 24-Hour Evernote beta invitation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Have you heard of Evernote? If you haven't, it is awesome. Google it and see the video for yourself. Tuaw has somehow managed to strike a deal with the evernote guys and they are giving free accounts through a special link.

Your response to last week's post about Evernote was amazing, with over 250 people requesting beta invitations and jamming my email inbox. Evernote has followed up with a 24-hour open invitation just for TUAW readers. There's also a new 1.1.0a build of the beta that resolves a crashing bug.

Hurry over to this link:

The TUAW Post
(The above link is to the TUAW post. I thought it only be right to provide the TUAW post instead of giving the direct link.

Happy noting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
i cannot recommend evernote enough. i got a beta invite a few months ago and now its invaluable to me. ive written a short piece on my blog about it but i think im going to do a full HD screencast in the future.

the short posts http://macbeginners.net/?p=162 there if anyones interested

oh and if it goes past there 24 hour giveaway and you still want a key PM me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I had no clue what Evernote was by reading this thread or the TUAW article, but once I saw the video on Evernote's website, my jaw was on the floor. This looks AMAZING. I not only signed myself up, but I signed up my brother as well to make sure he'd be able to have an account.

Now I'm going to play :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP-2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB, 250GB SATA, 8X Superdrive
I saw the screencast but not that impressed. However I am gonna try this for few weeks and see how it helps me. Thanks though.

OP
goobimama
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I had no clue what Evernote was by reading this thread or the TUAW article, but once I saw the video on Evernote's website, my jaw was on the floor. This looks AMAZING. I not only signed myself up, but I signed up my brother as well to make sure he'd be able to have an account.

Now I'm going to play :D
Sorry I didn't put a proper description as to what Evernote is. That screencast certainly is awesome. Let's hope it works that way as well. And I can't wait for a proper iPhone app as well :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.